Upcoming Events

There are currently no events
View All Events

2019 Fire / QRS
Jan 17 31
Feb 34 29
Mar 17 27
Apr 19 27
May 28 28
Jun 25 33
Jul 46 34
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec
Total 186 209

Web Counters
Website Visitors
Since
June 6, 2018
495,759
Visitors Today
Feb 03, 2023
62
Structure Fire
Email Print RSS Facebook Twitter RSS

January 7, 2023

Last night, just before 8:30pm, Station 22 was dispatched for a possible structure fire in our Highland Meadows neighborhood.

The home owner returned home to find the house full of smoke and the smoke detectors going off.

They were able to retrieve the family pet and called 911 immediately.

Station 22 had a full response along with mutual aid from stations 90, 33, 14 and 11.

A firefighter that arrived on scene first was able to make entry with a fire extinguisher and knocked down a kitchen fire in a small room on the basement level.

Arriving Engine crews then stretched an attack line to the basement and started checking for extension. A back up line was also deployed to the rear of the building as a safety.

The fire was contained to the kitchen area. Smoke had filled all levels of the home and had to be mechanically ventilated.

The fire had apparently started with an air fryer that was plugged in but not in use. While there are no recalls issued by any manufacturers at this time, there are many reports of fires related to air fryers that were not in use at the time.

It is strongly recommended that anyone using an air fryer unplug them and store them away from any other heat source such as stoves.

A major factor in this particular fire being contained was the fact that the door to the room was closed, limiting the fires access to oxygen. This simple act, prevented the fire from growing and potentially involving the entire home.

Please remember to close your bedroom doors when going to bed. It could save your life!

In the pictures below you will see smoke lines where the heat and smoke banked down. They illustrate the importance of staying low in a smoke filled environment and how simply closing a door can keep the heat and smoke from spreading.

We would like to thank the homeowner for allowing us to post these pictures as a matter of public safety!


Add a Comment Add a Comment 0 Comment(s)


Website Designed and Hosted By: Content Proudly Maintained By: Contact Info:
Firehouse Solutions
www.FirehouseSolutions.com
Chippewa Township Volunteer Fire Department
2568 Darlington Road
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Emergency Dial 911
Non-Emergency: 724-847-0391
Station Fax: 724-891-1596
E-mail: info@chippewafire.org
Copyright © 2023 Firehouse Solutions (A Service of Technology Reflections, Inc.) Administration Login